This is a journey to find our daughter. The one created by another couple and given to us by God.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Here again!


We are here! This time it seems familiar, but freezing! When we landed in Moscow, the captain said "....and the temperature in Moscow is 1 degree C, 32 degrees F". I knew it was cold, but it's also cloudy and drab.

But, not at the orphanage. There was a gorgeous little 11 month old waiting for us. She's been sick with a cold virus and fever and was motionless for the first 30 minutes. We have pictures of her with her head on our shoulders. After the first 30 minutes, she came alive. She started smiling and playing wanting us to hold her up, swing her around, play peek-a-boo, etc.. We also discovered that she sucks her thumb. The doctor told us she is teething, but has no visible teeth. We think she has grown a little, but not much. She was adorable today.

One of the cutest things we saw today was that when her caregiver came back to get her, she started smiling and cooing for her. She defintely wanted her more than us. Yes, I was somewhat envious, but know that is a very good thing when it comes to orphans. Someday she will transfer that desire to us.

We do not know when court is. We will find out tomorrow.

Since it's been so cold, we've done our share of eating since we've been here. They make great soup in Russia! Bryan had Borsch and I've been skiddish. I tried to eat something today and had to trade with Bryan, but did not want to let our translator know that I couldn't eat it. It worked. I wish I could describe the taste, but we'll leave that alone.

We'll write again tomorrow. K and B

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Yeah Katie and Bryan! I'm glad to hear your there and got to see little Julia. She sounds like such a little sweetie. I forgot that you can't post pictures. I can't wait to see them. Justin feels you pain when it comes to the food. Hehe.
Annie

3:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone