This is a journey to find our daughter. The one created by another couple and given to us by God.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Last "visit"


Today was our last visit with Julia because tomorrow we get to have her forever. She's so cute! It took her a minute to remember me then she hugged me tight. Maybe she was just tired, but it felt wonderful. She still does not have any teeth! I thought for sure. We spent about an hour and a half with her today. Galina, our translator, sang her a song probably similar to "If you are happy and you know it clap your hands." She clapped along with her and it was adorable. I'm glad I got to see her so happy!

Jim has made the trip exciting for me. He's been here 1 1/2 days and can already read the words on all the buildings. The Russian word for restaurant is PECTOPAH, but it is actually pronounced "RESTAURAN". All this time, I thought it was "PECTOPAH". He also made me ride the metro. Bryan and I rode it while on trip 2, but we were with Galina. Oh, and 4 million other people! I thought I was up for the challenge. It was hilarious! We both agreed that we would try not to look like tourists or Americans (which ever is worse), so I told him we couldn't talk and he said we had to keep moving. Well, anyone ever try to read a Russian metro map? We looked like tourist! We were a little obvious, especially in the station that we had to switch lines. BUT, I'm happy to report that we rode it to Gorky Park, which is not spelled that way in Russian (Jim knows how to pronounce it, but I do not!) We got off at the wrong station coming back...in the dark... but after a little worry, we figured out where we were. In retrospect, it was fun. I'm sure some of the people on the train thought we were "IDIOTS", pronounced "IDIOTS" in Russian. Oh, one more thing that was funny is that we went out to breakfast this morning (to a pectopah that does not have an english speaking person anywhere!) Jim ordered pancakes and I ordered an omlet. Mine never came. After telling Galina, we discovered that they do not serve eggs. Oh, well. I guess that was what she was telling me.

Until tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone