This is a journey to find our daughter. The one created by another couple and given to us by God.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

She's with me!


We got her! Doesn't she look like she's saying "This is more like it!"?

We ran around Moscow all day and at 4:30 we picked her up. It was a fast, relatively painless transaction. We walked in the baby home, gave presents, changed her clothes and then viola...they handed her to me. There were several caregivers there telling me things about her. Of course, via Galina, our translator. You could tell they were happy for her. One of the women was crying a little. They told me that they wanted her to have a life of joy. I cried a bit. Not because of her, but because of them. You know it was hard for them. Julia was scared in the car, but once she figured out she could squirm around, she was happy. The trip back from the home is usually 1 1/2 hours. It took us 5!! We didn't get back to the hotel until 10pm. It was brutal!! Fortunately, they just fed her before we came, and I packed some juice. I've never in my life been in that kind of traffic. We could have walked back faster. Jim calculated that it was less than a 20 mile drive.

She slept from 12am until 6am. She's afraid of the crib. I feel like I have a newborn! We had to go to the doctor this morning, and he said she was healthy, but cutting teeth. I'll believe it when I see one!! That's it for the day. Jim is at the Kremlin. I'm staying in the hotel with Julia. I'm hoping she will decide to like the crib. I need a nap. Although she hasn't slept, she is an angel and smiles all the time! (except at the doctor)

It looks like it might snow again. Only 2 more days!!! Katie

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Oh Katie, I am just so happy for you. It probably feels like an eternity until Saturday, but it will be here before you know it. I know how much you are looking forward to stepping off that plane with Julia in your arms. What a moment that will be.
:)Annie

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone